SSC Campus - Production Validation Guide
This section details the settings and configurations that should be reviewed prior to Go-Live or a move to Production.
Within School Information the areas that require review are Appointment Cancellation Reasons, Group Settings, Note Reasons, Meeting Types, School Settings, and User Roles. Please see each below with the required review steps and field.
Appointment Cancellation Reasons
- Ensure that there is at least one Reason created.
- Ensure that there is a Group ID created
- Ensure that the Global At-Risk field is NOT checked (this is a legacy GradesFirst setting that does not apply to SSC Campus members -- SSC Campus members will use the Predictive Risk Score.)
- Ensure that the Global Task field is NOT checked (this is a legacy GradesFirst setting that does not apply to SSC Campus members -- SSC Campus members will use the Reminder functionality.)
- Ensure that the setting to Allow advisors to see the evaluation details box on advising reports is NOT checked (this setting shows additional questions and comment boxes that apply more to tutors.)
- If your institution is opting to use Case Management, ensure that you have these settings enabled and that you apply Alert Reasons and Case Resolution reasons on the admin page.
- Ensure that the Enable Service Based Advising IS checked (this turns on the enhanced student scheduling workflow.)
- Ensure that the Show available time slots if no availabilities IS NOT checked.
- If your institution is utilizing Progress Report Campaigns, ensure that you have looked at the At-Risk settings and make sure those accurately set. If you have opted to send At-Risk emails to students, ensure that you have filled in the Message to Student text box.
- Ensure that you have coordinator email address within advising and tutoring. This will be the back-up address if the location does not have a coordinator email address. These addresses are only used within advising or tutoring requests.
- Ensure that you have text in the custom message fields within campaign settings. This will ensure that there is a message that displays to a user when they click on an expired campaign link.
- Ensure that there is at least one Note reason set up.
Meeting Types for Summary Reports
- Ensure that you have at least one meeting type set up (for more information on best practices for meeting types, please see the Best Practices Guide).
- Ensure that you have an email footer set up.
- Ensure that all of the Search Fields that you want to have hidden or shown are chosen.
- All other areas should be filled in from a technical stand point.
- Ensure that all of your roles have been created and are accurate to your institution's needs.
- Ensure that the student role does not have the ability to search students.
- Ensure that the Appointment scheduling permissions are accurate to your specific decisions around student self-scheduling.
Kiosk Settings houses all options to configure Locations, Student Services, and Student Service Categories. These settings are important to have set up for use within appointment scheduling and creating summary reports.
For more information on best practices when setting up Locations and Services, please see the Best Practices Guide.
Ensure that all locations have been set up in accordance to the decisions that were made in the workflow discussions.
- Within each location, ensure that the settings to Allow Students to Schedule Appointments are checked if this location will be used for student self-scheduling or appointment campaigns.
- Ensure that a coordinator email address is entered if appointment requests will be received at this locations (if no email address is added here, it will default to the Group Setting coordinator email address)
- Ensure that all Services that are offered at this location are selected in the area at the bottom of the settings.
Ensure that all of the Services (Advising, Tutoring, other) are set up to what applies to your institution.
- Within each Service, ensure the type that it is and the settings within that type are selected.
- Within each Service, ensure that the applicable settings to allow students to schedule as well as choose other advisors outside of their assigned advisor are selected.
- Ensure that a default duration is selected (if no duration is set up, it will default to the location or group appointment duration).
- If applicable, ensure that service categories are set up and each service is assigned to at least one category.
Case Management houses configurations for Alert Reasons and Case Outcomes. Validate these areas if they apply to your institution's usage in the platform.
If your institution plans to use general Issue Alert button for referrals OR for Early Alert/Progress Report Campaigns, ensure that alert reasons and the correct setting within each are applied.
- Within the Alert Reason create screen, the options to show when Issuing Alerts or to show when creating a progress report display -- ensure the appropriate options are applied to assign cases to a specific user based off of that Alert Reason