Office 365 (Outlook 2013) - Filtering Meeting Invites as a Delegate
If you are a delegate for someone's calendar (i.e., you manage their calendar appointments and receive their meeting invites), you can create an inbox rule in Outlook 2013 that moves their meeting invites to a separate folder. This is useful when you would like to separate your personal meeting invites from those receive on someone else's behalf.
1. In Outlook 2013, click Mail in the bottom-left corner of the window (if necessary).
2. Select the Home tab in the ribbon (if necessary) and click Rules.
3. Select Manage Rules & Alerts... from the menu.
4. Click the New Rule... button to begin creating an inbox rule.
5. Select Apply rule on messages I receive and click Next >.
6. In the Step 1: Select condition(s) box, select the with specific words in the message header condition.
7. In the Step 2: Edit the rule description box.., click the specific words link.
8. Type: X-MS-Exchange-Inbox-Rules-Loop: ePanther@uwm.edu
in the textbox (where ePanther@uwm.edu is the UWM email address of the person whose calendar you are managing) and click the Add button.
9. Then, click OK.
10. With the rule description now complete, click the Next > button in Rules Wizard window.
11. In the Step 1: Select action(s) box, choose move to the specified folder.
12. In the Step 2: Edit the rule description... box, click the specified link.
13. Select the folder you would like others' meeting invites automatically moved to or click New to create the folder. Then, click OK.
14. Click Next >, specify any exceptions you would like to set up for this inbox rule (if necessary), and click Next > again.
15. Type a name for this new rule (choose something descriptive that will help you identify the rule in the future).
16. Then, check the Run this rule now on messages already in Inbox box (if desired) and click Finish.
17. With the new rule now listed in the Rules and Alerts window, click OK to close the window and save your changes.
NOTE: If you checked the Run this rule now on messages already in Inbox box (see Step 16 above), all meeting invites in your Inbox subject to this new rule should have moved to the specified folder.