Office 365 (Outlook 2010 | 2013) - Configure Outlook Desktop Client
1. Access the Account Creation Wizard.
These steps were recorded using Outlook 2013 in Windows 7 and may differ slightly between different versions of Outlook and Windows. Differences may also exist between campus and personal computers.
- New Outlook users without a profile should:
a. Open Outlook.- Outlook users with an existing profile should:
b. Proceed to Step 2 below.
a. Close Outlook and ensure it is not running.2. Complete the "Auto Account Setup" fields using the info below and click Next.
b. Go to Start (bottom left-hand corner) -> Control Panel -> Mail (you may need to view by icons instead of view by category to display Mail).
c. Click Show Profiles.
d. Click Add.
e. Enter "Office 365" in the Profile Name field.
f. Proceed to Step 2 below.
- Your Name: Enter your name as you would like it to appear in your emails.
- Email Address: Enter your UWM email address (i.e., ePantherID@uwm.edu).
- Password/Retype Password: Enter your ePanther password.
3. Enter "outlook.office365.com" in the "Server" field if prompted to do so.
4. Click Yes in the "Security Alert" window.
5. Provide your UWM email address and password when prompted.
6. Check the Remember my credentials box and click OK.
7. Re-enter your UWM email address and password when prompted.
8. Click Finish.
9. Start Outlook using the profile you just created. Wait a few moments as Outlook syncs your mail, settings, and other data.