Office 365 (Known Issues) - Apple Mail Setup Error
When configuring Apple Mail to work with your Office 365 account, an error may be received and set up does not complete, causing individuals to be unable to access Office 365 email from the Apple Mail app.
Before performing steps below, remove any other existing UWM Office 365 or pantherLINK accounts.
1. Close all instances of Apple Mail, Calendar, and Contacts.
2. Click the Apple icon in the top-left corner of your screen and select System Preferences from the menu.
3. Select Internet Accounts.
NOTE: In OS X 10.7 and 10.8 this is called Mail, Contacts and Calendars.
4. When the Internet Accounts dialog box appears, select Exchange.
5. When the Exchange window appears, your full name will appear. Type the following:
- Email Address: Your full UWM email address (using the @uwm.edu)
- Password: An incorrect password
6. Click Continue.
7. You will receive an error. Click Continue.
8. In the Account Settings dialog box, type the following:
- Description: Any description of your choosing
- User Name: Your full UWM email address (using the @uwm.edu)
- Password: Your correct email password
- Server Address: outlook.office365.com
9. Click Continue.
10. Click Continue in the Account Summary dialog box.
11. Select which apps to sync in the final dialog box and click Done.