Student FERPA Consent
A new, universal procedure exists for students who want to provide third parties (parents, organizations, employers, etc.) with access to academic, financial, financial aid, housing, or disciplinary records.
Students are able to initiate, manage, and expire their consents directly through PAWS, although a new universal paper form also exists, primarily forformer students who no longer can access PAWS.
New students will beginreceiving information about the FERPA consent functionality in PAWS atorientations this summer. More information on how students can initiate FERPA consents inPAWS can be found on the Student Information Release website, along with information on existing PAWSDesignate Access functionality. In addition to the new consent functionality for students, most PAWSadministrative users are able to view the consents that a student has on file.
- Student consent releases that were submitted prior to July 2015may not be reflected on the Student Consent Release page in PAWS.
- Priorto the universal process, multiple offices around campus maintained separateprocesses for the release of records in their areas (Registrar, Bursars,Financial Aid, University Housing, and Dean of Students), and consent releaseinformation from that period will be retained exclusively within those offices.
- Registrar's Office for academic records
- Bursar's Office for financial records
- Financial Aid for financial aid records
- University Housing for housing records
- Dean of Students for disciplinaryrecords