Handshake - How to Use uwm.joinhandshake.com to View On Campus Jobs
Handshake is the website for students seeking both on- and off-campus jobs. It can be accessed by the following link:
To add a resume to Handshake:
- Click either on the Handshake link above or click on a specific posting and log into your Handshake account. All uwm students can log in with their UWM id and password.
- Fill in your academic and personal profile information.
- Upload your resume to your "documents" section of your page.
- Here is where you can upload a copy of your school schedule, transcript, cover letters or more as well.
You will now be able to apply for an on-campus position.
Please pay close attention to the requirements of the posting and ensure you meet them prior to applying to the position. Applying for jobs for which you do not qualify, due to standing or availability will result in an automatic rejection of your application.
If the posting requires that you submit a resume and cover letter:
- Create drafts of both a resume and cover letter
- Come to Career Planning & Resource Center, Mellencamp Hall 128 for walk-in advising on your documents. The center's hours are listed at uwm.edu/careerplan
- Update your resume and cover letter and upload them to your Handshake account.
- Take a screen shot of your schedule
- Upload it to Documents section in "Other Documents"
If you are a business student who has not yet accessed your account, please see a career adviser in Lubar Hall on the second floor as soon as possible. The adviser will be able to unblock your acccount to allow you to apply. You will not be required to pay the $15 OCR fee to be able to apply for on-campus jobs. The OCR fee will only be asses when you are interviewing for off-campus entry level positions or for internships.
Please contact the Career Planning & Resource Center at email@example.com or 414-229-4486 if you have questions regarding your account.