Web Onboarding - Training - Installing Composer, MariaDB, NodeJS, Bower, and PHP 7.0
A guide to installing Composer (PHP Dependency Manager), NodeJS, Bower, and PHP on Mac OS X for new developers.
Installing Oracle Instant Client
- Go to http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/topics/intel-macsoft-096467.html and download the 12.1 64-bit versions of Basic, SQLPlus, and SDK.
- Open a terminal, and create the folder /Library/Oracle/instantclient_12_1
- Unzip and move all of the files you downloaded into that folder.
- Go to the main folder, and create a symlink as follows:
ln -s libclntsh.dylib.12.1 libclntsh.dylib
- Then, make two directories: client and client64
- We will want to create two more symlinks:
ln -s /Library/Oracle/instantclient_12_1/sdk/include client/include
ln -s /Library/Oracle/instantclient_12_1/sdk/include client64/include
- Finally, run the following commands to permission the folder properly:
sudo chgrp –R wheel /Library/Oracle
sudo chmod –R 755 /Library/Oracle
- Finally, add export ORACLE_HOME=/Library/Oracle to the end of your ~/.bash_profile
Installing PHP 7.0, MariaDB, Composer, and NodeJS
brew tap homebrew/dupes brew tap homebrew/versions brew tap homebrew/homebrew-php brew install php70 --with-pear brew install -fs php70-mcrypt brew install composer brew install mariadb brew install node
touch $(brew --prefix php70)/lib/php/.lock && chmod 0644 $(brew --prefix php70)/lib/php/.lock pecl install oci8
## When it prompts, type in this: instantclient,/Library/Oracle/instantclient_12_1brew services start homebrew/php/php70 brew services start mariadb
Setup your PATH
echo export PATH=\"\$\(brew --prefix homebrew/php/php70\)/bin:\$PATH\" >> ~/.bash_profile
php --version composer --version npm -version
Install Grunt, Gulp, Bower
Now that we have npm installed, we can install Bower, Grunt, and Gulp. Open Terminal by going to Spotlight or pressing Command + Space and typing "Terminal"
Once terminal is open, type the following command:
npm install -g bower grunt gulp
Once installed, you can test to make sure it works by typing the following command:
bower --version grunt --version gulp --version