Office 365 (Outlook 2016) - Searching for contacts/email addresses in the Shared Address Book/ Global Address List (GAL)
In Office 365/Outlook 2013, searching for contacts in the Global Address List (GAL) may not be intuitive. This document describes the process to find email addresses in both 2010 and 2013. In Outlook 2016, it can be difficult to find email addresses for contacts. In the general search function in the "To/cc/bcc" fields, Outlook can be strict in that it finds only exact matches, excluding most results if a name is misspelled or incomplete.
[Doc 44689 is unavailable at this time.]
- Click on To in a new email message.
- In the resulting Search pop up, select the More Columns radio button and choose Global Address List from the Address Book drop-down menu.
- Type in the contact name and click on Go to search, then choose the appropriate contact from the search results.
A second method is to click on the ''Advanced Search'' hyperlink within the Search popup:
- Click on To in a new email message and choose the Advanced
Search within the "Select Names:
Offline Global Address List" pop-up box.
- Enter whatever information you may have for the person you seek.
- From the resultant list, click on the correct contact to add them to the distribution list.