D2L - First Time D2L Use for Students
This knowledge article covers the steps on how to log into D2L for the first time.
Using UW-Milwaukee Desire2Learn (D2L) course web sites Materials for this course are available on a Desire2Learn (D2L) course web site. You may see these materials there anytime you wish, using a standard web browser.
- On computers, Chrome and Firefox are preferred.
- On Android devices, Chrome is preferred.
- On iOS devices (iPads), Safari is preferred.
- Open your web browser and go to the UWM home page: http://www.uwm.edu (OR go directly to the D2L login page at http://d2l.uwm.edu.
- From the UWM home page, click Current Students or Faculty/Staff. menu, and select D2L.
- Most users: click the yellow ePanther button. Enter your ePanther Username (your ePanther campus email, but without the @uwm.edu).
- Guests and special accounts should use the black non-ePanther button.
- On the My Home screen, find the area called My Courses. You'll see your active courses here, arranged by semester, with the newest at the top.
- Click on the title of any course to go to the Course Home page.
- Click "Content" in the navigation bar to begin exploring the site.
Always click on your name in the upper right, then click Log Out. This is especially important if you are in a computer lab. Without your logging out, the next person who uses the machine will be using your D2L account!