D2L - Dropbox Submission for Students
This document covers D2L's dropbox and how uploading assignments for your class and can occasionally give you error messages or not work properly.
The dropbox is component of D2L that serves as a means for students to submit assignments and coursework. After a file is successfully submitted to a dropbox, the student will receive a confirmation email stating the file has been uploaded and will see the information in the History area.
All of the following steps must be completed for the document to be submitted successfully.
1. Click the title of the appropriate dropbox folder
2. Click the Add a File button.
3. A pop-up window will appear asking you to choose a file to upload. Click the Upload button and select your file
4. Click Add at the bottom of the pop-up window. This will close the window
5. Be sure to click the Submit button at the bottom of the page
6. Click Done at the bottom of the following page to complete the submission process.
Many clients upload the file but do not click Submit. Without clicking the Submit button, documents will not appear in the dropbox. If an error occurs during the process, have the client try uploading their document again. If the problem persists, have the client contact their instructor.
More detailed instructions and screenshots can be found on the Learning Technology Center website.
Caution: Dropbox files are not backed up and cannot be recovered if deleted. Also, students cannot remove dropbox files once uploaded, but an instructor can.
Size Limit/Internet Connection
While there is no actual limit to the file size that can be uploaded to the dropbox in D2L, there are a few factors to consider:
- The client's Internet connections (wireless/hardwire, dial up/DSL/cable/campus).
- The possibility that a large file might upload successfully, but it may be too large to subsequently download.