Canvas Support - Troubleshooting Guide: Missing Courses (Instructors)
This troubleshooting guide can be used by instructors and UWM support staff to determine why a for-credit course is missing in Canvas.
Step 1: Check Course Availability
- What is the first day of the missing class in PAWS?
- More than 60 days in the future - Course will be unavailable in Canvas. Develop using a master course -- request a master course.
- Less than or equal to 60 days in the future - Proceed to Step 2.
Step 2: Check Canvas
Note: wait until after noon to follow this step.
- Is the course listed on the Courses page?
- Yes - Instructor may wish to add course to Dashboard by making course a favorite.
- No - Proceed to Step 3.
Step 3: Check for Crosslisting
- Check existing courses to see if course sections are crosslisted. Is course section combined with others?
- Yes - If the crosslisting is not desirable, proceed to Step 5.
- No - Continue to Step 4.
Step 4: Check for Instructor of Record
- Is instructor listed as the instructor of record in the Schedule of Classes? Note that some sections are hidden from the Schedule of Classes and a search must be conducted in PAWS.
- Yes - Proceed to Step 5.
- No - Instructor should contact an individual in their department/school/program who is able to update PAWS. If in doubt, refer to the Registrar's Office list of SoC contacts. Look-up the subject and contact the person listed.
Step 5: If all else fails
- Instructors: contact CETL by emailing email@example.com or calling 414-229-4319.
- School/college support: escalate to CETL using established protocols.
- UWM Help Desk: escalate to CETL via Cherwell.
- CETL support: escalate to Canvas Administrators using established protocols.