TurningPoint Clickers - Guide: preparing students for clickers
This is a list of best practices and suggestions for preparing students to use clickers in your class.
Add a TurningPoint Cloud link to your course
In order for student clicker data to be recorded and imported to D2L or Canvas grade tools, students must visit their TurningPoint account at least once through a course external tool link. For your student's convenience, follow these instructions to add a link to your Canvas or D2L course.
Export session data into your courses grades frequently
Export the clicker session data into your courses grade tool frequently. This will allow students to verify their participation is being counted. If students do not receive scores, students should contact the UWM Help Desk for assistance.
Help your students use clickers by sharing resources
Add these resources to your course, an email, your syllabus or directly to your PowerPoint presentation.
Tell students where to go for help
Students should contact the UWM Help Desk at 414-229-4040 or stop by Bolton Hall Rm 225 for help with clickers in-person. Turning Technologies also provides comprehensive support. Call toll-free 1-866-746-3015 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Send students an email with purchasing and set-up information
Consider composing an email with the following information before the start of class.
- Notify the students that TurningPoint clickers will be used
- The items to purchase. Are you allowing students to use TurningPoint apps on their device, or will you require a physical device + a license?
- Direct students to the UWM Virtual Bookstore to ensure financial aid may be used.
- Attach a copy of the UWM clicker discount coupon to the email.
- Instruct students to click the TurningPoint Clicker link in your course to register or login. If a student already has a TurningPoint account, there is no need to make a new account.
Include clicker information in your syllabus
Use a PowerPoint presentation to introduce clickers