Topics Map > D2L Brightspace > Quizzes and Surveys
Topics Map > D2L Brightspace > Course Management
D2L Quizzes - How to import McGraw-Hill Education test banks into D2L
This article describes how instructors can import test banks from McGraw-Hill Education products into D2L.
Before you begin
- For instructions to pair your MHE course with your D2L course, refer to McGraw-Hill Education's: MHE Instructor Getting Started Guide
- If you need to upload a test bank from a word document, refer to: Respondus 4 - Import a Quiz to D2L
- McGraw-Hill Education may provide the TestGen application to create test banks instead of downloadable files. If so, refer to McGraw-Hill Education's: MHE TestGen Quick Reference Guide and contact MHE Support for further information.
- For additional support, contact McGraw-Hill Education: Canvas External Tools - How do I use McGraw-Hill Education Tools?
Part 1: Acquire the test bank file
Option 1: Download a test bank from McGraw-Hill Connect
- Login to McGraw-Hill Connect with your MHE credentials.
- Select the textbook you will be using from the McGraw-Hill Campus Gateway.
- Once you have chosen the textbook for your course, select view online resources.
- After you have selected view online resources, you may download the test banks for the course.
Option 2: Contacting a McGraw-Hill Education representative
- You may Contact your MHE representative to obtain a direct link to download the content and test banks for your course.
- Note: Request a .zip file from the McGraw-Hill education representative, this will allow easy import into D2L.
Part 2: Import the test bank into D2L
- When downloading your test bank file, there may already be an option to download as a Desire2Learn package.
- The file will download as a .zip file.
- Note: Do not extract the files, the .zip file is what is needed to upload to D2L. Remember the location you have saved the file under on your device.
- For a step-by-step demonstration from McGraw-Hill Education, refer to the MHE document Import Chapter Test Banks into D2L
- Login to D2L and browse to the course you wish to import questions to.
- Select Edit Course in your navigation bar.
- Select Import/Export/Copy Components.
- Select Import Components, then select Start.
- Select Upload. Use your file browser to locate the file and click Open.
- The .zip file will appear where you previously selected Upload.
- If you are importing a .zip file that only contains a test bank, select Import All Components.
- Note: If you are importing a test bank from a Course Cartridge, select Advanced Options... to select the components you want to use from the entire course file.
- A progress screen will show the import processing. Once you see two green arrows, select Continue.
- On the Customize Your Course Package page, select the components you wish to import. In the line that says Import file to: give your quiz a name.
- Note: Do not use any characters other than letters or numbers for the quiz name. Spaces or punctuation might interfere with the upload.
- Next, select Do not overwrite the existing file. Check the box next to Import metadata. Select Continue.
- Confirm the selections you have made for import. Select Continue.
- You will see another progress screen. When you see the three green check marks, select Continue.
- You will see a message that the import was successful. Select View Content or if you need to import more files, select Import another package.
- On your course page, select Quizzes. On the quizzes page, select Question Library.