Topics Map > D2L Brightspace > Awards
Topics Map > D2L Brightspace > Service Support
Topics Map > D2L Brightspace > Course Management
D2L - Configure Awards for a Student Competency Set Evaluation (UW Flexible Option)
Configure the awards for a new competency set for end-of-period evaluation.
Who can do this?
UW Flexible Option administrators are the only individuals tasked with carrying out this process. For continuity of operation, should FLEX staff be unable to setup a course, LMS administrators should carry out these instructions. In the absence of an admin, CETL support staff can carry out these instructions as a matter of last resort.
Before you begin
Only carry out these instructions on new FLEX competency sets (courses), or existing FLEX competency sets that are being retrofitted to the new process.
Part 1: Add awards
Awards are displayed as notifications when the triggering criteria (such as grade item) are configured.
- Click Edit Course in the navigation bar.
- Click the Awards link under the Assessment heading
- Click the Course Awards link at the top of the page, below the course navigation bar.
- Click the Add Awards to Course button.
- Above the list of awards, look for the search box. In the Search box, enter "UW Flexible Option".
- Two awards appear. Click the checkbox to the left of both.
- At the top of the list of awards, click the blue Add Awards to Course button.
Part 2: Adding a Release Condition
- In the Awards tool, click the Course Awards link below the courses navigation bar.
- To the right of the award icon, click the Edit Properties link.
- Click the checkbox "Award hidden until earned".
- Click the Create button. This will allow you to tie the release of the award to criteria.
- A pop-up appears. Click the Condition Type dropdown menu to choose the specific criteria to test.
- Complete all fields under Condition Details.
- Click the Create button.