Topics Map > D2L Brightspace > Edtech Applications
Topics Map > D2L Brightspace > Course Management
Topics Map > D2L Brightspace > Content and File Management
D2L Course Builder - Cengage: Addendum to Adding MindLinks Content to a Course
To use Cengage MindLinks integrations in your UWM D2L course, review these instructions to avoid errors.
Before you begin
- These instructons should be reviewed before attempting to link a Cengage MindLinks course to your UWM D2L course.
- If you attempt to link your Cengage course to your D2L course without following these instructions, contact Cengage support to remove the link. Then, use these instructions before trying again.
- To use Cengage MindLinks courses in D2L, fill out the EdTech Apps form, first. D2L - How to Request an EdTech App: Enable a Textbook Publisher D2L Integration
Part 1: Switch your role to Site Manager
Before adding Cengage MindLinks courses to your D2L course, perform the following steps to change the role in your course from Instructor to Site Manager.
- In your course, click Classlist in the course navigation.
- Click the Staff tab just above the list of instructors in the course.
- Click the checkbox to the left of your name.
- Click the Enrollment icon at the top of the list of staff.
- On the page that loads, look to the right of your name. Change the dropdown menu to “zSite Manger”.
- Click the blue Save button at the bottom of the page.
At this point, continue with setting up your Cegage course link and deep linking. Once you are done adding Cengage content, follow Part 2. Contact Cengage for assistance with adding MindLinks content to your course. About Cengage MindLinks, and Where to Get Help