D2L - Manually Adding an LTI Link to Your Course (WeBWorK2)
This article illustrates how to add an LTI link to a course, when the tool is available through D2L, but the instructor must add the link manually.
Before you begin
- This process should be used to add an LTI link to your course for specific services. Using these instructions to add other services will not work.
- UWM WeBWorK2
- Ensure you have the direct link to your LTI resource (e.g. website) from the provider of your service.
- L&S Math instructors: Contact L&S ITO to request a WeBWorK2 course
- Request course changes before adding this link. If students from multiple sections need to be added to one D2L site, use the Instructor Tools widget in D2L to request a course change before adding your LTI link
- Do you wish to add a textbook publisher to your course? Refer to: D2L - How to Request an EdTech App: Enable a Textbook Publisher D2L Integration
- Do you wish to add TurningPoint to your course? Refer to: TurningPoint Clickers - First Time Account Creation, Connecting With D2L and Registering a Device
To complete these instructions, you must be logged into D2L, and enrolled in your D2L course as an instructor. These instructions will add an LTI link to your courses Content area.
- Click the Content link in your courses navigation bar.
- Under Table of Contents on the left, click the module you wish to add the LTI link to.
- Click the Add Existing Activities button. Then, click External Learning Tools.
- Click the Create New LTI Link button in the window that appears.
- Fill out the requested fields.
- Enter a Title for the link. This link will be copied to future courses. If different LTI links will be used for each generation of course, name the link appropriately to make maintenance easier.
Good name: WeBWorK2 Homework - Fall 2017
Bad name: WeBWorK2
- Enter the URL given to you by the provider of your service.
- Click the Create and Insert button.