D2L Intelligent Agents - Creating and Editing an Intelligent Agent
Learn about the Intelligent Agents tool, abilities and reasons for using the tool.
Creating an Intelligent Agent
- On the navbar, click the Edit Course link
- Click Intelligent Agents, then click the New button.
- In the Agent Details area, enter a name and description.
- If you would like the agent to be active, select Agent is enabled.
- In the Agent Criteria area, do one of the following:
- If you want your agent to target users' login habits, in the Login Activity section, enter your criteria.
- If you want your agent to target users' course habits, in the Course Activity section, enter your criteria.
- If you want your agent to run when a specific existing condition has been met in the Release Conditions area, click Attach Existing. Select the check box for any condition you want to attach. Click Attach.
- If you want your agent to run when a specific new condition has been met, in the Release Conditions area, click Create and Attach. Select a Condition Type from the drop-down list. Complete any additional Condition Detailsthat appear and click Create.
- Select how often you want the agent to run.
- If you want to schedule how frequently D2L evaluates the agent criteria, select the Use Schedule check box. Click Update Schedule and set your scheduling details.
- Note: Scheduled intelligent agents stop running and are automatically disabled if the course is inactive, over (end date passed), or deleted. You can still set up a practice run or a manual run of an intelligent agent at any time in a course with a passed end date.
Edit an Intelligent Agent
- On the navbar, click Edit Course.
- Click the Intelligent Agents link.
- Click the down arrow (chevron) next to the agent name. Click Edit Agent.
- Adjust the agent's settings as appropriate.
- Click the Save and Close button.