D2L Intelligent Agents - Best Practices
Learn about the Intelligent Agents tool, abilities and reasons for using the tool.
Agents are most useful when you have carefully considered how you are organizing and presenting them in a course.
Some best practices include:
- Use a standard naming convention to keep the order and purpose of each agent clear
- Use the agent's Description area to collect reminder notes of what you need to adjust in the agent for each offering
- Determine if your agent would benefit from repetition
- Use replace strings to personalize emails and minimize editing
- Avoid overusing agents, especially if you can get the information to learners another way
Considerations for setting up agents
When you create a new agent, you need to determine:
- The criteria the agent looks for. The agent can check login activity, course activity, and attached release conditions.
- The written content in the email that the agent sends when its criteria are met.
- How often the agent takes action when a user satisfies the criteria.
- How often the agent is scheduled to run and find users that meet its criteria.