D2L Dropbox - Download Dropbox Assignments
Learn how to download student submissions to the Dropbox tool, either individually or in bulk.
Before you begin
Student assignments are FERPA-protected information. Keep this information on university-owned computers and services. If you have questions or would like further guidance, contact the UWM Records Management office.
Navigate to the correct Dropbox folder
- In your course, click the Dropbox link in the navbar.
- Click the Dropbox folder name. The list of folder submissions appear.
- Ensure you are on the Users tab, and not the Files tab.
Choose a method to download submissions
How are files named? (This can effect how you grade.)
- If you download an individual file from the Evaluate page, the file will be named as the student uploaded it. This can make it difficult to track which download belongs to which student.
- If you download files as a zip file, the first and last name of the student will be prepended to the file name.
Download files for one student
- To the right of a student's name, click the Evaluate link. A view of the student's assignment appears.
- Click the grey download button at the bottom of the browser window.
If there is no preview for the student's submission, click the down arrow (chevron) to the right of the file and click the Download icon.
Download files for multiple students
- In the list of files submitted, do one of the following:
- Click the checkbox to the left of a file to download just that file.
- Click the checkbox to the left of a student's name to select all files from one student.
- Click the checkbox at the top of the table to select all files for all students listed on the page.
Download files for all students
Use the instructions for downloading files for multiple students. Before doing so, be sure to adjust the number of items per page. Above the Evaluate link for the first student, change the per page menu to a number that is higher than the number of students in your course.
If your course has more than 200 submissions to the dropbox, you will need to download one zip file for each page of students.