Topics Map > D2L Brightspace > Accessibility
D2L Accessibility - Configure Your Profile For Use With Assistive Technologies
Learn how to configure your personal settings so D2L works better with assistive technologies.
Finding Your Personal Settings
The minibar includes a personal menu with links to tools that store your personal information and settings. To open the personal menu, select the link containing your name. There are three links on the personal menu:
- Profile - Edit your shared personal information
- Notifications - Set how you receive notifications about activity in your courses
- Account Settings - Change display settings for Brightspace
Optimizing Personal Account Settings for Assistive Technology
The Account Settings link contains several tabs. You can adjust the settings in these tabs to meet your personal needs; however, the following settings might be of particular interest if you are using assistive technology devices or software applications.
In the Account Settings tab, consider the following configuration options:
- The Font Face and Font Size options adjust the appearance of text in Brightspace. Choose options that provide the best results for your needs. To adjust the size of icons, you can use a magnification tool such as the zoom feature built into most browsers.
- If you use a screen reader to navigate Brightspace, you can turn on Show secondary windows as pop-ups. Otherwise, some secondary pages may not be distinguishable from the main page.
- If you use a screen reader or you only use a keyboard to navigate Brightspace, you can select the Turn off rich text editor and view source option. Using this option, you can upload HTML content authored in an external editor.
- To automatically detect embedded videos, turn on the Optimize video presentation for programmatically-driven assistive technologies option.
- To simplify the layout of discussion lists, turn off the Always show the Discussions List pane option.
- Turn off the preview pane and show topics in grid view.