Topics Map > Digital Proctoring > Proctorio
Digital Proctoring - Proctorio - Landing Page
Proctorio is an online proctoring solution designed to promote academic integrity during remote exams and assessments. Proctorio employs a range of monitoring features to create a secure testing environment for students. Its capabilities include activity monitoring, identity verification, and test recording.
- Proctorio is not used for most courses.
- Proctorio is a browser extension for Chrome and Edge. While it can be used in other browsers, Chrome and Edge are preferred.
- Instructors choose whether to use a webcam for testing. Webcam videos are only viewable by the instructor.
- Departments opt-into Proctorio, and arrange for payment of the tool (it is not funded centrally).
- Proctorio may be installed by students in their browsers, both on their personal computers and in campus computer labs.
- Students should contact their instructor if they need to opt-out of using digital proctoring to seek alternatives.
- Student support is provided by Proctorio. Instructor support is provided by the Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning, and Proctorio.
Search the Proctorio Website
- Proctorio Website
- To install the Proctorio Extension, install the extension when launching a quiz.