Topics Map > Content Creation and Distribution
Topics Map > Kaltura > My Media
Topics Map > Canvas > Modules - Pages - Files
Kaltura - My Media - Embedding a Video in a Canvas Page
1. Go to the module where you want the video to appear, and click +Create a page in your Canvas class.
2. In the Add field, select Page.
3. Click Create Page, type the name of the page in the Page Name field, and click the Add Item button.
4. Locate the page in your module, and click the page to open it.
5. Click the Edit button to edit the page.
6. In the Rich Content Editor (RCE), click the My Media button.
7. Locate your video, and click the Embed Settings button.
8. Adjust the embed settings, as necessary.
Choose Player field values:
- Default - Player displays the standard player options.
- Download and Share - Player displays video download button.
- Simplified - Player removes the Playback Speed button from the default player.
- Transcript - Player displays the text transcript in a window below the player.
Max Embed Size field values:
- 900x507 - Largest size
- 608 x342 - Medium size
- 400 x 225 - Smallest size
Start & End Time field values:
- To set a different start time for the video, select the Start at button and enter the time code for the point in the video you'd like students to begin watching.
- To set a different end time for the video, select the End at button and enter the time code for the point in the video you'd like students to stop watching.
9. Click the Embed button.
10. Click Save and Publish to publish the page to students.