Topics Map > DLE Administration
Topics Map > Canvas
Teaching and Learning Technology - Training and Development Opportunities by CETL
This article is an ongoing list of online and in-person workshops that CETL offers to UWM Faculty, Instructional Academic Staff, and Graduate Teaching Assistants at UWM.
Online Synchronous and Face-to-Face Workshops
Register for live workshops using the CETL Workshop Registration website. From that site, you can register and cancel registration. To register, you will need to use your UWM ePantherID and password.
Learning Technology Offerings
Last updated August 1, 2021.
- Canvas 1: Navigation and Settings
- Canvas 2: Modules and Analytics
- Canvas 3: Assignments and Rubrics
- Canvas 4: Grades
- Canvas 5: Syllabus and Pages
- Canvas 6: Content Delivery
- Canvas 7: Discussions and Groups
- Canvas 8: Quizzes and Surveys
- Canvas 9: Teaching with Zoom
Current Pedagogy and Course Design Offerings
Last updated August 1, 2021.
- Online and Blended Teaching Program (OBTP)
- OBTP 1: Overview of Online and Blended Teaching
- OBTP 2: Assessing Your Students
- OBTP 3: Delivering Content
- OBTP 4: Building Community
- OBTP 5: Supporting Your Students
- OBTP 6: Evaluating Your Course
- OBTP: Blended and Flipped Learning
- OBTP: Large Enrollment Online Courses
- OBTP: Synchronous Online Learning
Online Self-Paced Training
These training courses are offered fully online, and are fully self-paced.
- Canvas Training 1-9 - This Canvas course provides links recordings for each Canvas workshop, notes to accompany the workshop, and links to resources.
- Online Blended Teaching Program - OBTP provides practical pedagogical strategies for teaching an online or blended course. OBTP is supported by research and has been developed by CETL staff members with firsthand experience teaching online and blended courses. OBTP focuses on pedagogical practices but does not provide training on technology tools.
- Accessibility Training for Instructors - Jointly offered by CETL and the Accessibility Resource Center, this training equips instructors with the information and resources needed to support students with disabilities, and to help make your course as accessible as possible to all students. Complete all modules to earn the UWM Certificate in Accessibility for Instructors.
- Proctorio Training and Resources - Familiarize yourself with how to use Proctorio, and access information to provide to your students. This Canvas course also includes guides and support resources.
- New TA Orientation - This Canvas course offers recordings, outlines, self-paced training, and additional resources for new Teaching Assistants. This course offers information on academic success, wellness, equity, inclusive pedagogy, and other orientation topics for new TAs at UWM.
- Lightboard Resources - A lightboard is a transparent glass board which allows a presenter to write and draw while maintaining eye contact to deliver their message in a natural and engaging way. This Canvas course is a support and training resource for instructors who have reserved Lightboard use.
- CETL Course Template - UWM's Canvas Course Template can be imported by instructors into their Canvas course sites. It was designed to help instructors efficiently and effectively set up their courses and to promote a consistent student experience among courses. Instructors are not required to use the template and can incorporate all or just some of its elements to suit their specific needs.