How do I share the link to a Zoom cloud recording in a Canvas module?
This tutorial will show to how to share the link to a Zoom meeting recording, saved to the cloud, in a Canvas module, which will allow your students to view this recording.
Part 1: Change your personal settings to disallow a required password for accessing recordings
Go to https://uwm-edu.zoom.us/
- Click the Sign in button.
- Log in to UWM's 1Login page using your ePanther username and password.
- From the Zoom menu, select the Settings option.
- Select the Recordings tab.
- Scroll down to locate the "Require passcode to access shared cloud recordings" setting and ensure that the toggle button is set to off (white button in on the left, and the right section is gray).
Part 2: Copy the recording link from the Canvas course site
Go to https://uwm.edu/canvas/
- Log in to Canvas using your ePanther username and password.
Navigate to the Canvas course site in which you created the Zoom Meeting.
- Click the Zoom (UWM) navigation item.
- Click the Cloud Recordings tab.
- Locate the recording you'd like to share with your students, and click the blue title.
You'll see several versions of the recording -- the video, the audio file, and the chat transcript.
- Locate the Recording (video) item, and click on the preview button.
If you wish, you can play the video to verify that it is the correct recording.
- Copy the URL for the recording, located in the browser address bar.
Part 3: Paste the recording link as an item in Canvas home/module
- Click the Home item in the course navigation.
- Locate the module in which you'd like to add the link to the recording, and click the plus icon.
- In the "Add Item" window, click the pull-down menu.
- From the "Add Item" pull-down menu, select External URL.
- Paste the URL for the recording that you copied in Step #8.
- Enter a Page Name for the recording, this is the link student will click on to view the recording.
- Click the Add Item button.
- When you return to the modules page, ensure that the recording link is published (the indicator with show a green check mark).
Optional: click on the blue title link to view or to verify that the recording is functioning correctly.
- Click on the play button to view the recording.