How to download a video from My Media
This tutorial will show you how to download a video from My Media.
Before you Begin:
This tutorial covers adding a video or audio file that has ALREADY been uploaded to My Media. Videos may have be added to your My Media account in multiple ways.
- You may have uploaded a video to My Media at another time, for a different course or semester.
- If you ordered captions for your video, you would have uploaded your video to My Media through the Account tab in Global Navigation. Here is a tutorial on ordering and editing captions.
- Your video may have been automatically uploaded using the Kaltura Capture tool. Here is a tutorial on creating a Kaltura Capture presentation.
- A colleague may have uploaded a video and made you the Owner, Co-Editor or Co-Publisher.
- Recordings of Blackboard Collaborate session may have been uploaded to your My Media account as part of University of Wisconsin System's Media Management Process for Blackboard Collaborate Ultra Recordings.
If you have NOT already uploaded the video to My Media, a more streamlined process can be found in this tutorial, which explains how to upload a video or media file through My Media to a Canvas Page.
Step #1Login to Canvas.
- Click Account in the global navigation on the left.
- Select My Media.
- Identify the media file that you'd like to publish and click the blue linked title.
- Click on the download button in the upper right corner of the video