How do I add a caption file to a video uploaded through My Media?
This tutorial will explain how to add a caption file to a video uploaded through My Media.
This tutorial covers the process of uploading already existing caption files. If you need to create captions for you video, please use the My Media automated captioning and editing tool.
Before you begin:
- Login to Canvas. Click Account in the global navigation on the left. Select My Media.
- From the list in your Library, identify the media file that you'd like to caption and click the Edit button (looks like a pencil).
- Click on the Captions tab.
- Click the Upload caption file tab.
- Click the Browse button and locate the .srt file on your computer.
- Once the .srt file is uploaded, click the Language pull-down menu and select the appropriate language for the captions file.
- The new captioning information will be displayed in the Captions tab.
- When previewing or playing the video, the captions will display by clicking on the closed captions (CC) button.
- Then selecting the appropriate language.