How do I add a collaborator to a Collaborate Ultra recording through Course Media?
This tutorial explains how to give Co-Editor, Co-Publisher, or Co-Viewer access to Collaborate Ultra recording through Course Media. The most common application is to add captionists from the Accessibility Resource Center to a video as a co-editor.
Before you Begin:
This tutorial covers adding a collaborator to recordings of Blackboard Collaborate session that have been uploaded to your My Media account as part of University of Wisconsin System's Media Management Process for Blackboard Collaborate Ultra Recordings.
Please be aware that this process cannot be completed immediately after the Collaborate recording is finished. Recording will be copied to Course Media/My Media within 24 hours after recording occurs.
If you have uploaded a video to My Media and you'd like to share this video with collaborators, please use the How do I give Co-Editor, Co-Publisher, or Co-Viewer access to a My Media video? tutorial.
Login to Canvas and navigate to the course site in which the original Collaborate Ultra recording was created. Please note that this is not necessarily the course in which you are currently distributing the recordings.
- On Home, click on Course Media, located in the right-hand navigation.
- Identify the collaborate recording that you'd like to share with collaborators and click the blue linked title. If you cannot find a Collaborate recording, please be aware that recordings will be copied to Course Media/My Media within 24 hours after recording occurs.
- You'll see a window displaying a preview of your video. Pull down the Actions menu on the bottom right and select the Edit option.
- Click the Collaboration tab.
- Click the Add Collaborator button.
- Enter the new owner’s last name or ePanther ID in the “Type user or group name” field.
- The new collaborator’s user information (email address and name) should appear below the field. (NOTE: If the user has never accessed My Media, no account has been created. The user must log into Canvas, go to the Account tab. Click on My Media and accept the terms. This will activate the users My Media account.) Once the new collaborator’s name and ePanther ID autofills, click the entry. This will feed the information into the “Type user or group name” field and populate the field.
- When the ePanther ID is populated in the field, select the permissions you'd like to extend. (NOTE: See permission details below)
- Once the appropriate permission is selected, click the Add button.
Co-Editor (use this permission for Accessibility Resource Center (ARC) video captionists):
- Co-Editors can edit the entry's details and metadata, trim media, replace media, edit captions, edit chapters and edit slides.
- Co-editors cannot delete media or add new co-editors and co-publishers.
- Co-editors can see the analytics page for the media they co-edit.
- Co-Publishers can publish the media anywhere that the co-publishing user has rights to publish.
- Co-Viewers can view media, even if is has not been published.