How do I give Co-Editor, Co-Publisher, or Co-Viewer access to a My Media video?
This tutorial explains how to give Co-Editor, Co-Publisher, or Co-Viewer access to a video you own in My Media.
Before you Begin:
This tutorial covers adding a video or audio file that has ALREADY been uploaded to My Media. Videos may have be added to your My Media account in multiple ways.
- You may have uploaded a video to My Media at another time, for a different course or semester.
- If you ordered captions for your video, you would have uploaded your video to My Media through the Account tab in Global Navigation. Here is a tutorial on ordering and editing captions.
- Your video may have been automatically uploaded using the Kaltura Capture tool. Here is a tutorial on creating a Kaltura Capture presentation.
- Recordings of Blackboard Collaborate session may have been uploaded to your My Media account as part of University of Wisconsin System's Media Management Process for Blackboard Collaborate Ultra Recordings.
If you have NOT already uploaded the video to My Media, a more streamlined process can be found in this tutorial, which explains how to upload a video or media file through My Media to a Canvas Page.
Login to Canvas.
- Click Account in the global navigation on the left.
- Select My Media.
- Identify the media file that you'd like to publish and click the blue linked title.
- You'll see a window displaying a preview of your video. Pull down the Actions menu on the bottom right and select the Edit option.
- Click the Collaboration tab.
- Click the Add Collaborator button.
- Enter the new owner’s last name or ePanther ID in the “Type user or group name” field.
- The new collaborator’s user information (email address and name) should appear below the field. (NOTE: If the user has never accessed My Media, no account has been created. The user must log into Canvas, go to the Account tab. Click on My Media and accept the terms. This will activate the users My Media account.) Once the new collaborator’s name and ePanther ID autofills, click the entry. This will feed the information into the “Type user or group name” field and populate the field.
- When the ePanther ID is populated in the field, select the permissions you'd like to extend. (NOTE: Co-Editors can edit the entry's details and metadata, trim media, replace media, edit captions, edit chapters and edit slides. Co-editors cannot delete media or add new co-editors and co-publishers.)
- Once the appropriate permission is selected, click the Add button.