How do I upload a video created on my iOS or Android mobile device to My Media in Canvas?
This tutorial will show instructors how to upload a video created on an iOS or Android mobile device to My Media in Canvas.
MediaSpace Go is an app for iOS or Android. This tool provides a simple, streamlined method for uploading videos that were created on a mobile device.
Before you begin:
Install the app for iPhones (iOS): https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/kaltura-mediaspace-go/id1054967774?mt=8
Install the app for Android devices: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kms.kaltura.kmsapplication&hl=en
Once you download, install, and open the app, you’ll be prompted to [Enter your site’s address]. Type in the following address:
Once you enter the app and can click the [Upload] button. The first time you upload a video, you’ll be prompted to login through UWM's 1Login. After you login once, you will not need to log in again.
When logging in, select [UW-Milwaukee] from the dropdown menu and then enter your ePanther username and password in the 1Login screen. You may need to authenticate with Duo. Once you are logged in, you can click the [Upload] button again.
To upload videos created on your mobile device through MediaSpace Go to My Media in Canvas:
- Once you are logged in and in the app, click the [Upload] button.
- Select [Gallery] if you have already recorded your video using your mobile device.
- Select the desired video.
- Enter a [Title] when prompted.
- When you receive the “Would you like to Publish now?” message, select [YES].
- Your video will take a few minutes to process, so don’t be concerned if you receive a “Your media is being processed…” message.
Once the video is uploaded, you can add it to your Canvas course site using these instructions: https://kb.uwm.edu/page.php?id=96088. Since you’ve already uploaded the video, you can skip Step #9 - Step #15.