Topics Map > Canvas > External Tools (LTIs)
Topics Map > Canvas > Modules - Pages - Files > External Apps (LTI)
Canvas External Tools - How do I use WileyPLUS?
This article describes how students and instructors can use WileyPLUS in Canvas.
WileyPlus provides an education tool that allows instructors to integrate textbooks, learning modules, and activities into their Canvas courses. Instructors have the option of doing a Basic Integration or a Deep Integration.
What is WileyPLUS Basic Integration and Deep Integration
WileyPLUS Basic Integration can be done by adding as little as two links to a Canvas course. These links take students directly to WileyPLUS and all grade data is saved within Wiley. Adding another link to Assignments in Canvas will allow for a Cumulative Score Synchronization (Grade Passback) that creates one grade column in Canvas with the cumulative WileyPLUS scores.
WileyPlus Deep Integration allows an instructor to add WileyPLUS content to individual modules or assignments in a Canvas course. From WileyPlus, an instructor can generate individual links to Wiley textbook chapters or Wiley assignments. Linking individual WileyPLUS assignments will generate separate items in the Canvas gradebook that are capable of Score Synchronization (Grade Passback).
Adding and Pairing WileyPLUS with your course
- You will receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org titled "Your WileyPLUS Course Cartridge is Ready." Click on the link within the email to download the IMSCC (Canvas Zip) file.
- Login to Canvas and click on the course that will be using WileyPLUS.
- Use the following directions to import the IMSCC Zip file into your course: Canvas - How do I import content from Common Cartridge into Canvas?
- Click the bubble for "All content" and begin the Import.
- After the import is complete, add the "Wiley Course Resources" link to the course navigation: Canvas - How do I manage Course Navigation links?
- You should now see the "Wiley Course Resources" link on the left side of your course in the Navigation. Click the link to complete your course pairing by following the instructions sent in your activation email from WileyPLUS.
Pairing your Canvas course with WileyPLUS
- WileyPLUS / Canvas Integration - Instructor Quick Start Guide
- This guide provides instructions for pairing the Canvas course with your Wiley account.
- Video - How to do a Basic Integration of WileyPLUS with Canvas
- Video - How to add Deep Integration linked assignments from WileyPLUS to Canvas
- Student registration for WileyPLUS