Topics Map > Student Response Systems > PointSolutions
Topics Map > Canvas > External Tools (LTIs)
PointSolutions (TurningPoint) - Preparing Your Students
Add a Point Solutions Cloud link to your course
In order for student clicker data to be recorded and imported to D2L or Canvas grade tools, students must visit their Point Solutions account at least once through a course external tool link. For your student's convenience, follow these instructions to add a link to your Canvas course.
- Point Solutions Clickers - How to add Point Solutions to your course in Canvas
Export session data into your courses grades frequently
Help your students use clickers by sharing resources
Add these resources to your course, an email, your syllabus or directly to your PowerPoint presentation.
Point Solutions - FAQs for Students
Tell students where to go for help
Send students an email with purchasing and set-up information
Consider composing an email with the following information before the start of class.
- Notify the students that Point Solutions clickers will be used
- The items to purchase. Are you allowing students to use Point Solutions apps on their device, or will you require a physical device + a license?
- Direct students to the UWM Virtual Bookstore to ensure financial aid may be used.
- Instruct students to click the Point Solutions Clicker link in your course to register or login. If a student already has a Point Solutions account, there is no need to make a new account.