Topics Map > Respondus 4
Topics Map > Canvas
Respondus 4 - Import a Quiz to Canvas (Export an Exam or Respondus File to Canvas)
Learn how to export a file from Respondus 4 to Canvas.
Once a quiz is created in Respondus, the Preview and Publish menu let’s you determine what to do with the file. Most users will first want to examine the contents of the file using the Preview task. When the questions are ready to be uploaded, use the Publish to Canvas wizard.
The Preview task, located on the Preview & Publish menu, is similar to the preview option that appears in the Edit menu. The primary difference is that here you can easily scroll from one question to the next.
The preview window shows how the question wording and answer choices will appear to students when they take the exam. The feedback and correct answer for the question is additionally displayed at the bottom of the window.
To edit the question being displayed in the Preview window, click the Modify Item button. The screen will change to the Edit menu and the question will be displayed in the editor. Make the required changes and click Save Changes.
Publish - Canvas
- Select the UWM Canvas server.
- When running the wizard for the first time, UWM's Canvas server will need to be added.
- Click the Canvas Server menu and click 'add new server'.
- Click "Yes, check for preconfigured server settings". Then click the Next button.
- When prompted "Enter a name to describe the Canvas server", enter UWM Canvas.
- Click the Next button. A window will open. Login to Canvas.
- You may be prompted to login more than once.
- Once the test is successful, click the Next button. If the test was not successful, contact CETL for assistance.
- Click the Finish button.