Topics Map > Canvas > Canvas for Instructors > External Apps (LTI)
Canvas External Tools - How do I use Chem101?
This article describes how students and instructors can leverage Chem101 tools with Canvas.
Chem101 is an active learning platform that allows instructors to engage with students in class and through homework. Chem101 integrates directly with your Canvas course.
Adding Chem101 to your course
- From any course provisioned by PAWS (e.g. a course listed in the Schedule of Classes), click the UWM Canvas Tools link in your course's navigation.
- Click the Request an External Tool button.
- Select Chem101.
- Verify your course information and click Submit.
- Wait for a confirmation email indicating that your tool is now available in your course.
- Follow Chem101's instructions for pairing your course.