Creating a Collaborate Ultra Session
This article provides instructors with step-by-step instructions and best practices for creating a Collaborate Ultra session.
You will need to create a Collaborate Ultra session in your Canvas course site for students to participate.
- Go to your course site in Canvas
- Click Collaborate Ultra in the course navigation menu
- Complete Event Details (see below for Best Practices for Creating a Collaborate Ultra Session)
- Adjust Session Settings (default settings work best for most situations
Best Practices for Creating a Collaborate Ultra Session
- Access Collaborate Ultra through the course navigation menu in Canvas
- Don’t add session or recording links to Home or Modules in Canvas
- Don’t email session or recording links to your students
- Set up a separate session for each class meeting
- Choose “No end (open session)” for office hours and small group work
- Title the session with the date and purpose as naming convention
- Provide an “End” date for sessions to lessen confusion
FAQs for Creating a Collaborate Ultra Session
Can TAs or TA Graders create sessions? What role do they come in as in CU?
Users enrolled in your course as a TA or TA Grader will enter any Collaborate sessions created in the course in the Moderator role, by default.