Joining a Collaborate Ultra Session
This article provides students and instructors with step-by-step instructions on how to join a Collaborate Ultra session.
Which device should I use to join a Collaborate session?
Devices are ordered by highest success rate and most available features:
- Computers or laptops can be used with supported browsers and provide access to all Collaborate features with the least risk of technical issues
- Mobile devices can be used by students through the Canvas Student app on iOS or Android, however users cannot share their screen on a mobile device
- Dial in (join by phone) can be used with the phone number provided in the “Session Options” for each Collaborate room, however users can only hear audio and cannot see video, screen sharing, file sharing, chat (or any other visual elements)
How do I join a Collaborate Ultra session?
- Make sure that you are using a supported browser
- Go to your course site in Canvas
- Click Collaborate Ultra in the course navigation menu
- Click the name of the Collaborate Ultra session you want to join
- Choose Join Session from the menu on the right
Participants (students) can access Collaborate Ultra through their mobile devices by installing the Canvas app on their iOS or Android devices. Moderators (instructors) should access sessions using their desktops or laptops to use all features within Collaborate Ultra.