ePantherID Change Request Reasons
ePantherID change requests can be made for the following reasons:
- Legal name change
- Incorrect spelling of Legal Name upon account generation
If your request does not fall into one of the above categories, you must submit an epantherID change appeal.
In your appeal, you should address why with your current epantherID, you cannot perform your academic duties as a student or professional duties.
If your appeal is approved by program sponsors, a member of University IT Services will contact you to assist in selecting a new ePantherID. ePantherIDs are limited to 8 characters and must be unique. Once a new ePantherID is selected, you will be required to pick a date that the ePantherID change will occur.
Process to Request an ePantherID Change
What to Expect if Your ePantherID Change is Approved
During the evening of the chosen date, you will not be able to use or access IT services including email while the change occurs. When completed:
- The new account will bear the password of the old account.
- The old account will be configured with an email auto-reply to notify senders of the change, three months or until the end of following semester.
- All email and folders will remain under the new id.
- Your ePantherID will switch within D2L and Canvas.
- Campus database driven mailing lists will automatically update with the new address.
- Other mailing lists and services may require manual intervention by the requestor.