Canvas External Tools - How do I use WileyPLUS?
This article describes how students and instructors can use WileyPLUS in Canvas.
WileyPlus provides an education tool that allows instructors to integrate textbooks, learning modules, and activities into their Canvas courses. Instructors have the option of doing a Basic Integration or a Deep Integration.
What is WileyPLUS Basic Integration and Deep Integration
WileyPLUS Basic Integration can be done by adding as little as two links to a Canvas course. These links take students directly to WileyPLUS and all grade data is saved within Wiley. Adding another link to Assignments in Canvas will allow for a Cumulative Score Synchronization (Grade Passback) that creates one grade column in Canvas with the cumulative WileyPLUS scores.
WileyPlus Deep Integration allows an instructor to add WileyPLUS content to individual modules or assignments in a Canvas course. From WileyPlus, an instructor can generate individual links to Wiley textbook chapters or Wiley assignments. Linking individual WileyPLUS assignments will generate separate items in the Canvas gradebook that are capable of Score Synchronization (Grade Passback).
Adding WileyPLUS to your course
- From any course provisioned by PAWS (e.g. a course listed in the Schedule of Classes), click the Instructor Tools link in your courses navigation.
- Click the External Tool Request button.
- Select the WileyPLUS tool for your course.
- Click the Request button for your tool.
- Wait for a confirmation email indicating that your tool is now available in your course.
- Follow Wiley's instructions for pairing your course.
Pairing your Canvas course with WileyPLUS
- WileyPLUS / Canvas Integration - Instructor Quick Start Guide
- This guide provides instructions for pairing the Canvas course with your Wiley account.
- Video - How to do a Basic Integration of WileyPLUS with Canvas
- Video - How to add Deep Integration linked assignments from WileyPLUS to Canvas
- Student registration for WileyPLUS