Respondus Exam Manager - Manually Import Exams Into Canvas
The article outlines a two-part process for managing exams in Canvas using Respondus Exam Manager. In Part 1, the user is guided to open Respondus, change settings, open a file, preview, publish, and save it in the QTI XML zip file format. Part 2 instructs how to log into Canvas, navigate to the desired course, import course content, select the appropriate QTI file, and choose or create a question bank for importing. The process concludes with a note on limited support for the new quizzing tool and prompts to hit the "Import" button to finish.
Part 1: Open Respondus Exam Manager
- Go to Respondus. Change the "Current Personality:" to "IMS QTI".
- Open the Respondus file and accept any prompts to convert the file.
- Go to Preview & Publish. Select "Save QTI XML File".
- Save the file with the File Format option "QTI XML zip file using IMS Content Packaging".
Part 2: Login to Canvas
- Login to Canvas on a desktop browser.
- In the designated course, go to "Settings".
- Select "Import Course Content".
- In the "Content Type" drop-down box, select "QTI .zip file".
- Select the designated QTI file from the file browser.
- In the "Default Question Bank" drop-down box, select a question bank previously created or create a new bank.
- Note: If you select "Import assessment content as New Quizzes" CETL currently offers limited support for the new quizzing tool. New Quizzes should only be used when absolutely necessary.
- Select the yellow "Import" button to finish.