Chromebook - UWMVisitor Setup and Connect
This tutorial will provide you with the steps on how to successfully set up your Chromebook on UWMVisitor wifi.
How to Set up a Chromebook to connect to the "UWMVisitor" OptionNOTE: To complete the set‐up process and connect, you must be in a building with UWM WiFi. Visit the Student Union, Golda Meir Library and other select UWM buildings.
1. Click on the wireless icon in the lower right hand of the computer.
2. From the corresponding menu that appears after clicking the wireless icon, click the Wireless Network option.
3. Select UWMVisitor from the list of WiFi connections.
4. Make the following changes to the corresponding dialogue box (see graphic below text):
(A) Select “PEAP” for EAP method
(B) Select “MSCHAPv2” for Phase 2 authentication.
(C) Select “Do not check” for Server CA certificate.
(D) Make sure “None installed” is selected for User certificate.
(E) Enter nothing in the “Identity” field.
(F) Enter panthers20 in the “Password” field.
(G) Leave “Anonymous Identity” blank. Make sure “Save identity and password” is checked.
DO NOT check “Share this network with other users.”
5. After you have entered all the information in Step 4, Click Connect and your device should be connected to the UWMVistor WiFi option!