Canvas for Instructors - Basics Workshop
This article is for instructors who participated in a Canvas: Basics workshop offered by the Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning. The following links provide step-by-step instructions for the hands-on portion of the workshop.
Logging Into Canvas
- Canvas login page
- Use ePanther username and password
- How do I add a module?
- How do I add assignment types, pages, and files as module items?
- How do I edit module items?
- How do I add an external URL as a module item?
- How do I add a text header as a module item?
- How do I view a course using a test student?
- How do I add an announcement in a course?
- How do I allow students to like replies in a course announcement?
- How do I add an assignment group in a course?
- How do I weight the final course grade based on assignment groups?
Publish a Course
Moving Content from D2L to Canvas
- How do I export a course from D2L?
- How do I import content from Desire2Learn (D2L) into Canvas?
- How do I copy content from another Canvas course?
Instructors are welcome to contact the Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning (CETL@uwm.edu) for additional support. This article was developed using the Canvas Guides provided by Canvas.