Teams Calls (How to) Add Contacts
This article provides instructions for adding internal and external contacts in Microsoft Teams.
It is useful to store your contacts, so you do not have to search for someone every time you need to contact them. To add a contact in Calls:
- Open the Calls tab and click Contacts at the top of your working screen.
- On the right of your Teams window, click the button to Add contact.
- This will bring up a search bar.
- Follow the steps for the type of contact you wish to add.
- Internal: Someone with Microsoft account through UWM.
- External: Any phone number that is not associated with a UWM account.
- To enter an internal contact type in their name or ePantherID. This will auto populate suggestions as you type.
- Click on the contact’s name that you wish to add and click the Add button.
- The internal contact will now appear in your contact list.
- To enter an external contact type in their phone number.
- Another box will appear, and you can change the Full name of the contact and add a Company and a Title for the contact.
- Fill out the required fields and click Add.
- The external contact will now appear in your contact list.
Speed Dial is where you can quickly access your contacts. To add contacts to your speed dial:
- Starting in the Calls tab, click on the Add button at the top of your Teams window.
- This will open a text box for you to add your contact. To add an internal contact (someone at UWM), type in their name or ePantherID. If it is a phone number for an external contact, type in the phone number.
- Click the Add button.
- If you added an internal contact, they will be added to your speed dial.
- If you added an external contact, another box will appear, and you can change the Full name of the contact and add a Company and a Title for the contact.
- Fill in the required fields and click Add.
- The contact will now appear in your Speed dial.