Canvas External Tools - How do I use Cengage MindLinks Education Tools?
This article describes how students and instructors can obtain support for the Cengage MindLinks suite of tools.
About Cengage MindLinks tools
Cengage MindLinks is a suite of learning tools used by some courses at UWM. An instructor might offer course materials, customized textbooks, self-paced or graded assignments, and student feedback through MindLinks. Typically, students pay for access to MindLinks courses by buying an access code through the UWM Virtual Bookstore. However, some courses may have special arrangements that do not require purchase. If in-doubt, refer to your courses syllabus and contact your instructor for additional information.
What MindLinks Cengage tools are available on Canvas?
- 4LTR Online
- National Geographic Learning
Adding Cengage MindLinks tools to your course
- From any course provisioned by PAWS (e.g. a course listed in the Schedule of Classes), click the Instructor Tools link in your courses navigation.
- Click the External Tool Request button.
- Select the Cengage MindLinks.
- Click the Request Cengage MindLinks button.
- Wait for a confirmation email indicating that your tool is now available in your course.
- Follow Cengage MindLinks instructions for pairing your course.
- Product information Contact: Learning Consultant/Rep Finder
- General Customer Service
- (800) 354-9706
- Cengage Training Resources
- Cengage System Status
Neither campus IT, teaching/learning staff nor the Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning formally provide support for the use of Cengage products. The UWM Help Desk is unable to support the use of Cengage tools. Students and instructors should contact Cengage for technical support.
Addressing Accessibility Concerns
If students or staff have issues or concerns with accessing Cengage products, visit the Cengage Accessibility website to get assistance. Students should notify their instructor of the issue as soon as possible.