This article provides information about UWM's A/V Reservation service
The A/V Reservations service allows University faculty and staff to reserve various devices required for instruction during University classes at no charge. These devices can be used to supplement the technology in a Multimedia Classroom or provide multimedia capabilities in a room that has none. Additionally, equipment can be rented for use during University events and meetings for a charge. These devices can be delivered to a classroom or picked up in-person. Classroom Services staff can set up and assist with the usage of equipment as needed. Set up of A/V equipment is only available on the main Kenwood campus and requires advance notice of one business day.
The following devices can be reserved:
- Projectors (data, 35mm, overhead)
- Document cameras
- DVD/VHS/Blu-ray players
- TVs and monitors on stands
- Conference phones
- Wired and wireless microphones
- Digital video camcorders
- Speakers and portable PA systems
- Laptops (Windows or Mac)
- Media carts (mobile carts that include a laptop, short throw data projector, speakers and document camera by request)
- Cables, stands, adaptors, remote controls and more
- Student organizations
Credentials needed for access
An active ePantherID is required to reserve equipment using this service. If the reservation is for use during an academic class, the course number is required. If the reservation is for another event, a departmental billing number is required.
UITS Classroom Services' hours of operation during academic sessions are as follows:
- Monday through Thursday: 8 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Friday: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Saturday: 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.
Hours of operation may differ when academic classes are not in session.
There are no charges associated with the use of this service for academic classes.
Setup and delivery fees do apply if equipment is rented for other University events. These fees differ depending on the devices being rented.
For questions and problems contact UITS Classroom Services by phone at 414-229-2382 or by email at email@example.com.
More information about Classroom Services is located at uwm.edu/classroom-services.
Training and Documentation
- Multimedia/Podium Access Information
- Multimedia Classroom Orientation
- Frequently Asked Questions
Manager Classroom Services, Campus Technology Support
CTS Classroom Services
Contact: Khadijah Perry, CTS Classroom Services, Campus Technology Support
Contact: Melissa Beauchamp, CTS Classroom Services, Campus Technology Support
Contact: John Peine, CTS Classroom Services, Campus Technology Support
Contact: CTS Classroom Services, Campus Technology Support
Level 1 Escalation
- CTS Classroom Services is the first point of contact for this service
- Inquiries received by the UWM Help Desk about multimedia classrooms, A/V reservations, lecture capturing, or A/V conferencing should be immediately escalated to CTS Classroom Services following standard escalation protocols
Level 2 Escalation
- Inquiries received by Classroom Services regarding lecture capture or A/V conferencing that cannot be immediately addressed or require further escalation should be directed to Kevin Jahnke or other Classroom Services student supervisors and/or permanent staff as appropriate
Level 3 Escalation
- Certain issues may require escalation to other University units such as Facilities Services, the UWM Help Desk, Classroom Assignments, Union Reservations, etc.