Teams (How To) Accessing and Installing Teams App on a Mac Computer
This article will provide instructions for accessing the Microsoft Teams app on a Mac computer. It also provides instructions on how to install the Teams app on a computer that is not managed by the university, and how to login to the Teams app once installed.
Collaboration Services > Teams > Teams Teams Incident
Accessing Teams App on a Mac Computer
If you have a Mac computer that is managed by the university, you will already have the Microsoft Teams app installed on your device. Below are instructions on how to open Teams.
- Begin by placing pressing Command + Space on your keyboard to bring up Spotlight Search.
- Type in Teams.
- This will search your computer for the Teams app and the icon to open Teams will appear.
- Click on the icon for Teams
- This will open Teams and you will be prompted to login with your UWM credentials.
Logging in to Teams Desktop App
- Begin by opening the Teams app
- In the text box that says Sign-in address enter your UWM email and click Sign in.
- This will open a new window for you to enter your UWM password
- Enter your password and click Sign in.
- Confirm your identity via your desired Duo security method (Push/Code entry).
- This will open Teams and you are ready to begin.
Installing Teams App
- Begin by signing into Office 365 online.
- From your Office 365 home page click on the link for Teams.
- You can also access Teams by clicking on the app launcher in the top left corner of your window.
- This will open Microsoft Teams online.
- From here, click on the button to Get App in the left navigation panel.
- This will begin downloading the Teams installation package.
- Once the download is complete click on the download file.
- This will open the Microsoft Teams Installer which will guide you through the installation.
- Click Continue.
- Select Install for all users of this computer as a destination for your software to be installed.
- Click Continue.
- You will receive a warning about how much space the installation will use on your computer.
- Click Install.
- A small window will appear for you to enter your password.
- Enter your password and click Install Software.
- Note: If you get to this step and you receive an error message you most likely have a university managed device and should contact the UWM Helpdesk for assistance.
- This will run the installation.
- When the installation is complete you will get a message that the installation was successful.
- Click Close.
- A small window will appear asking if you want to move the Microsoft Teams Installer to the trash.
- Click Move to Trash.