ePanther - Activating Account
This article shows how an individual can activate their ePanther account and create a password.
1. Go to the following web address: account.uwm.edu
2. Enter in your Campus ID and your Birthday and click Activate.
3. Read the UW System Acceptable Use Policy, check the I Agree box, and click Continue.
4. When prompted, click Continue to set your password.
5. Review the password requirements and enter your new password in the New Password text box. Your password strength will be revealed to the right of the password you are creating. Make sure you enter a strong password that meets the requirements. Re-enter your new password in the Confirm Password text box below. Click Change Password.6. You will be notified that your password is being changed.7. Next, you will be notified that you need to set up your Office 365 account recovery methods. Click Setup account recovery. DO NOT CLICK CONTINUE, YOU WILL BE SIGNED OUT!Note: If you do click continue, you will be signed out. If this happens, you will be prompted to continue setting up your account recovery information next time you log in to a UWM service (PAWS, Microsoft 365, Canvas, etc.). To continue the Account Activation process, please go to login.microsoftonline.com.8. This will open the Microsoft 365 Sign in Screen in a separate tab. Enter your UWM email address and click Next.9. Enter your password and click Next.10. You will be notified that More information is required. Click Next.11. On the next page, you will be prompted to Keep your account secure. Select your desired authentication method, and follow the instructions to set up.It would be beneficial to try logging onto PAWS with the new account credentials to make sure it is working. PAWS should allow users whom activated their accounts to login right away.Note: If your account was already activated and you don't know the answers to your security questions, please contact the Help Desk by calling (414) 229-4040. If you also need to obtain your Campus ID, you will need to call us at (414) 229-4040.