Teams (How To) Troubleshoot Screen-Sharing on a Mac
This article will provide instructions to troubleshoot if your screensharing problem is with your device settings, and how to fix it.
Screen-sharing in Teams on a Mac
There have been reported instances where Mac users have lost the function to share their desktop and/or windows while participating in Teams meetings. The cause of this issue could be in the computer’s settings, and users will have to go into their System Preferences and allow the Teams app to access their device. The following steps outline how users can adjust their preferences:
- Click the Apple menu in the top left corner of your screen.
- Select the option for System Preferences.
- Next, select the option for Security & Privacy.
- At the top of this window, select the Privacy tab.
- In the menu on the left of this window, scroll down and select Screen Recording.
- Click the lock icon to make changes.
- If required, enter your administrator username and password.
- Note: If you are doing this on a managed device you will need to contact the UWM Helpdesk.
- Click the to check the box next to Microsoft Teams.
- You will receive a pop-up notification to reset Microsoft Teams. Select Agree.
- Once Teams has finished restarting, test a meeting to see if you are now able to share your screen.
If you are still having issues with your device contact the UWM Helpdesk online or by phone at 414-229-4040 or toll free at 877-381-3459.