This article provides information about UWM's group email list
Use of UWMs PantherList service is subject to applicable law and policies. These include the Board of Regent Acceptable Use Policy, the UW System Information Security Policy series, applicable privacy laws such as FERPA and HIPAA, and the UWM Code of Conduct.
Unacceptable uses of Pantherlist include, but are not limited to:
- Use in violation of federal, state, or local laws;
- Use in violation of UW System, UW Milwaukee, and departmental policies;
- Activities related to outside employment, commercial activities, and other forms of personal gain; and
- Political campaigning.
PantherList moderators and owners must take immediate corrective action upon observing misuse of their listserv, including, as appropriate, removing membership rights, reporting misuse of University resources as required under the UWM Fiscal Misconduct Policy or any other applicable law/policy, and offering additional training on appropriate use of PantherList.
pantherLIST is the University of Wisconsin Milwaukee's group email list service that allows its customers to create and subscribe to email lists and manage their membership and settings. This service requires a Web browser for access.
The pantherLIST service has the following features.
- Create and manage announcement lists for newsletters and announcements
- Create and manage subscriber only lists
- Create and manage un-moderated/open lists where anyone can post
- Identify the email lists you are subscribed to and the email lists you own
The following Web browsers are recommended:
- Internet Explorer
- Google Chrome
- Annuitant faculty and staff
- Sponsored guests
Credentials needed for access
An active ePantherID and password are required for access.
Student access granted
Prospective students are given access to this service when fees are paid and notification is given in PAWS for eligibility to register for classes.
Student service discontinuation
Access to this service is removed when a student has not registered for classes for the past two consecutive full semesters (fall and spring).
Employee/sponsored access granted
Faculty and staff are given access to this service when the hiring process is complete and the ePantherID and password are activated.
Employee/sponsored service discontinuation
Access to this service is removed when an individual is no longer employed by or holds a sponsored affiliation with UWM.
Requesting sponsored access
pantherLIST is available 24/7 except during scheduled maintenance periods and unscheduled outages. For information about timeframes when service is unavailable, visit uwm.edu/gettechhelp
Scheduled Maintenance Windows
The defined standing maintenance windows for pantherLIST are Sunday from 3 a.m. to 11 a.m. and the first Tuesday of each month from 5 a.m. to 7 a.m.
There are no customer charges associated with this service.
For questions and problems contact the UWM Help Desk at 414-229-4040, toll free at 877-381-3459 or online at uwm.edu/helpdesk
Training and Documentation
Chief Operating Officer, University IT Services
The IAM Team maintains this service, provides Level 2 and Level 3 support and coordinates with the Infrastructure Services Team.
Level 1 Escalation/Help Desk
- Issues should be submitted to the UWM Help Desk at 414-229-4040, toll free at 877-381-3459 or online at uwm.edu/helpdesk
- Help Desk staff shall follow set guidelines for addressing customer issues and proper escalation
Level 2 Escalation
- Any issues that cannot be resolved by Level 1 consultants should be escalated to the Help Desk Level 2 technicians
- Issues that are not able to be resolved by the Help Desk are escalated via an email distribution list
- Any global outages shall be escalated to UWM Data Center
Level 3 Escalation
- Level 3 support is provided by a large team of functional and technical staff drawn from several of the administrative offices and UITS:
- PantherLIST Support Team Primary Contact: email@example.com
- IT Architecture and Infrastructure Primary Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org