Map Shares from a Windows computer
Note: The "Shares" drive is automatically mapped on UWM PCs. Look for it under drive letter S:\. These instructions only apply for non-UWM managed computers.
- Be physically on UWM campus connecting to the wired or wireless campus networks, or
- Be connected to the campus VPN service. For instructions to install & connect to the VPN see: https://kb.uwm.edu/page.php?id=70415
Instructions for Windows 10
- Right-click the Start button
- Select File Explorer
- In the new window, Select This PC from the left navigation bar
- Select the tab labelled Computer
- In the menu, select Map Network Drive
- Pick an available Drive letter, and enter the folder path \\ad.uwm.edu\shares
- Ensure both check boxes are checked.
- Click Finish
- You are prompted for your username and password. Enter your username in this format:
ad\ePantherIDFor instance, if your ePanther ID were "pounce," you would enter "ad\pounce"Your computer is now connected, or mapped, to the uFiles network drive.Instructions for Windows 7
Open Computer by clicking the Start button in the lower-left corner of the screen, and then clicking Computer.
Click Map network drive.
In the Drive list, click a drive letter.
You can choose any available letter, but the standard for uFiles is U:
In the Folder box, type the following path: \\ad.uwm.edu\shares
To connect every time you log on to your computer, check the Reconnect at logon check box.
Check the Connect using different credentials checkbox.
You are prompted for your username and password. Enter your username in this format:
For instance, if your ePanther ID were "pounce", you would enter ad\pounce