Office 365 - Configure Mozilla Thunderbird for Office 365
If you chose to use the Thunderbird browser with Office 365, following are instructions on how to install and configure it to work best with Office 365.
NOTE: At this time, we have not found a reliable Exchange/Active Sync plug-in that allows Thunderbird to connect to your Office 365 account via this protocol. These instructions will instead configure Thunderbird via IMAP protocol.
Go to the following link to find the download file for Thunderbird: https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/download
1. Click Next >.
2. Choose Standard and click Next >. If you wish to use Thunderbird as your default mail client, check the box near the bottom of the window.
3. Click Install.
4. Click Finish.
1. On the main screen, click Email.
2. Near the bottom of the "Welcome to Thunderbird" window, select Skip this and use my existing email.
3. Enter your ePanther ID information in the boxes in the "Mail Account Setup" window and click Continue.
4. Click Manual config near the bottom of the "Mail Account Setup" window.
5. Change the settings for the "Incoming:" and "Outgoing:" mail servers. For "Incoming:", type "outlook.office365.com". For "Outgoing:", type "smtp.office365.com". Ensure that the port numbers and selections for SSL match that of the screenshot below. After changing these settings, click Done.
6. Right-click on your account name (near the upper-left corner) and click Subscribe....
7. Place a check box next to Deleted Items, Drafts, and Sent Items (and any other folders from your account that you would like to access). Then click Subscribe followed by clicking OK.
NOTE: You should see the folders start appearing within your account back on the main Thunderbird screen.
8. Right-click on your account name (near the upper-left corner) and click Settings.
9. Click Server Settings in the left-hand menu, and match the settings for "When I delete a message:".
10. Click Copies & Folders in the left-hand menu, and match the settings for "Place a copy in:" and "Keep message drafts in:".
11. Click Junk Settings in the left-hand menu, and ensure that the box next to Enable adaptive junk mail controls for this account is unchecked. Then click OK.