Microsoft 365 Apps - How to install Microsoft 365 Apps on Windows or Mac
All students, faculty, and staff with an active Microsoft 365 account may install the Microsoft 365 suite which includes: Outlook, Teams, Word, OneDrive Sync, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Publisher, and Access (Windows only). Microsoft 365 Apps is not available to UWM emeritus faculty and annuitants.
Note: Chromebooks are browser-based and cannot have M365 downloaded to them.
Follow the steps below to download and install Microsoft 365 Apps for Windows or Mac onto your computer.
- Log in to Microsoft 365 (https://login.microsoftonline.com) using your UWM email address (ePanther@uwm.edu) and password and authenticate.
- After logging in, click on the Install apps button and select Microsoft 365 apps.
- Follow the prompts to install the software package (.pkg for Mac, .exe for Windows). When asked to enter your account credentials, enter your UWM email address and password, and authenticate.
- Once your credentials are verified, Microsoft 365 Apps will now be activated on your device.
- You may install Microsoft 365 Apps on up to 5 devices.
- If you don't have any installs left, you can deactivate one device and install Microsoft 365 Apps on another.
- Installing additional languages on a computer that already has this version of Microsoft 365 doesn't count against your install limit.